VESTA-Vocational Education Solutions and Tools for fAmily enterprises
ERASMUS+ : 2020-1-IT01-KA202-008391
01.10.2020 - 30.09.2022
Family enterprises are the cornerstone and foundation of European business: there are more than 14 million family businesses in Europe, more than 60% of all companies in EU, accounting for almost 50% of European GDP and directly responsible for more than 60 million jobs.
Nonetheless, the ability of family enterprises is constrained by a series of pressing needs and challenges:
1. Importance of preparing business transfers early, i.e. ahead of any sudden and unexpected transfer that could disrupt the enterprise
2. family governance is a peculiar complex issue requiring the balance of family, ownership, gender balance rules, and business aspects
3. The “family” connotation of a business may limit the ability of companies to attract and retain skilled workforce
4. Managerial capacity within the family enterprise: often high-ranking managerial positions are assigned not necessarily on merit but based on family affiliation, weakening the managerial capacity in the company and calling for training solutions on business, management and administration
5. Entrepreneurship education and family-business-specific management training are not available.